400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Front End Developer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Front-End Developer for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, Michigan. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Implementing, debugging and unit testing on new and existing product applications.
- Applies knowledge of programming languages to develop and support high quality and high performing front-end software.
- Follows requirements produced by Product Management and design specifications outlined by senior team members.
- Works in conjunction with senior team members to derive sub component design goals.
- Supports product deployment lifecycle and maintenance.
- Stays up to date on the latest programming techniques and standards.
- Supports QA phase of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Participate in and lead requirements analysis, specifications and design of custom-developed applications.
- Assist in the development of implementation/rollout plans. Ensure that training has been coordinated.
- Take ownership over all technical documentation related to new software development initiatives and enhancements.
- Provide mentoring and assist junior developers in growing their understanding of the system development lifecycle and obtaining new technical skills.
- Deliver high level of customer service to appropriate user groups and utilize sound business judgment in the leadership of smaller scale development initiatives.
- Demonstrate maturity necessary to grow into the role of a Project Lead (i.e. function as technical liaison to a small user group or department).
- Use analytical skills to troubleshoot and maintain applications as needed.
- Maintain positive, constructive, team-oriented attitude as well as sound judgment in all job responsibilities.
- When appropriate, serve as liaison to one or more user groups to ensure that their technology needs are being met.
- Command a basic understanding of clients’ mission and business and how the position' s job responsibilities contribute to the goals of the company.
- Perform other duties as required (may include programming and testing applications).
- Strong experience Angular JS.
- Strong experience Java Script.
- Strong experience HTML5.
- Strong experience Web Services.
- Experience designing and programming web based applications.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and/or other integrated development environments.
- Well-organized, self-motivated individual with ability to rapidly learn new tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, set and meet deadlines per schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of git, GitHub and industry standard git workflows
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering required.
- Basic level understanding of the Unix operating system.
- Works under limited supervision.