Jnr. Animal Care Tech Associate
633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, New York 10017
Animal Care Tech Associate
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Animal Care Tech Associate in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for an Animal Care Tech Associate to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Process unclean caging and equipment in preparation for sanitization.
- Assemble caging for use by other Animal Care Technicians.
- Operate and maintain automated cage wash equipment and sterilizers.
- Prepare acidified water bottles using an automated bottle filler and proportioner.
- Receive, transport, process, store and label animal feed and bedding.
- Disassemble, wash, and reassemble ventilated Thoren units.
- A High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience.
- Ability to lift and carry 55 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and platforms.
- Must understand the basics of animal health and disease, the procedures required to clean/sterilize caging, and is familiar with the use and operation of equipment required for laboratory animal housing and care.