Jr. DevOps Engineer 1
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
DevOps Engineer – Direct Hire
ektello is searching for a DevOps Engineer for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client is rapidly growing. This DevOps Engineer will be responsible for automating their infrastructure and operations to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance, as well as systems administration of cloud and non-cloud platforms. Development skills, in addition to the DevOps skills, will be the key to landing this position - the client is looking for a true HYBRID.
Essential Job Functions:
• Codify current AWS infrastructure, automating and reporting on the environment.
• Work with development teams to develop alerting triggers, logging, and general application monitoring.
?• Coordinate and participate in deployment efforts for both UAT and Production.
• Create and Maintain automated deployments.
• Enable automated resource and security audits.
• Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self-healing.
What are the top 3-4 skills they are looking for?
AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins), Development experience (Python, .NET, JAVA), Application/Infrastructure monitoring (AWS, Windows, Linux)
• Three or more years of DevOps experience which could include System Administration and Network experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
• Know at least one configuration management system (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
• Proficiently understand networking.
• Experience in the virtual infrastructure domains and continuous integration environments.
• Knowledge of cloud virtualization and resource management using Docker
• Working knowledge of AWS
• Working experience with databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL.
• Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins
• Experience designing highly available systems with fault tolerance in mind.
• Experience of using Git for version control.
• Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
• B.A. In Computer Science related field desired, AWS certification preferred
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Direct Hire