Jr. Technical Project Manager
1221 Avenue of Americas New York, New York 100020
Jr. Technical Project Manager
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Jr. Technical Project Manager looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for Jr. Technical Project Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Learn and adhere to internal project governance processes and tool sets
- Manage assigned projects according to the client’ s Project Management Lifecycle Standards
- Maintain project status in an Enterprise PPM tool
- Prepares a Status Reports for Key Meetings
- Develop/foster relationships with project team members and external partners
- Understands the technical architecture in order to connect the dots between software and business process
- Develop project work plans, roles matrix and communication plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify matrixed resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
- Closely collaborate with the business teams to gather project requirements and to determine duration of Planning
- Coordinate backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions
- Conduct facilitated sessions with the business teams and technical teams to define the specific requirements, bring matrixed team/resources develop the Charter
- Develop solutions to project issues and effectively communicate solutions to the stakeholders
- Identify and log any issues and establish a Risk Assessment for any issue causing the project’ s health to decline
- Schedule and conduct meetings as needed, noting agreements, issues, and task assignments. Prepare and publish minutes for all meetings within 24 hours
- Provide weekly project status to management / stakeholders
- Manage issues and risks appropriately and escalate where required
- Understands the technical implementation approach, including data flows
- Coordinate deployments with the development team
- Ensure smooth hand off to Operations post-deployment
- Close out Sprints or Projects and Conduct Retrospectives
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in implementing key technical projects for the business
- Strong program and project management skills. Proven experience managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously to successful completion
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and possess solid computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Proven oral and written communication skills; excellent business presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units.
- Ability to effectively utilize external vendors and resources throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Familiarity with or certification in a Project Management for software product development (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Some experience managing project budgets
- Has managed project teams
- Extremely organized and articulate
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Has completed some formal training in project management
- Diplomacy – In the most difficult situations, maintains positive attitude and relationships with tact and efficiency not appearing frustrated or upset
- Team Player – Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team of professional and willingness to give assistance to co-workers to achieve departmental goals
- Experience Level: Junior to Mid-level, 2 to 3 years in a PM function preferably in the Media space. What we are looking for in you
- Passion for Project Planning and Execution
- Driven for continuous improvement and learning new business processes and tools.