Junior Android Engineer
200 Connell Drive Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
JUNIOR ANDROID ENGINEER
**W2 contract, Onsite in Berkeley Heights, NJ **
As an Android Engineer you will be a member of the mobile engineering team, responsible for developing, unit testing, porting and validating solutions on handsets and tablets. You will be working independently on assigned validation and bug fixing tasks. You will be required to join and support developer validation sessions with carrier teams. As you evolve, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other engineers on prototyping new features. Post release work includes contributing to a retrospective – identifying where issues have occurred, update developer tests, unit tests, exploring automation opportunities. Good android analysis skills are required for success.
- Port existing solutions on new devices with varied form factors.
- Collaborate with other engineers to prototype new features.
- Work with QA teams to understand issues, analyze issues, provide software fixes and ensure no side effects.
- Create Technical Design/ Feature Documentation based on Product Requirements
- Onsite support to local carrier teams for demos, and bug analysis sessions.
- MUST HAVE 2 years of Software development experience in Java and minimum 1 years of Android development.
- MUST HAVE Bachelor’ s degree in Computer/Software Engineering
- Object-oriented design and development; knowledge of common Java Design patterns.
- Hands on experience with thread synchronization, memory analysis and event driven programming.
- Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other technical and non-technical members .
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.