Junior Project Manager
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, Florida 32819
Junior Project Manager
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Junior Project Manager looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Junior Project Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, Florida. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Works closely with all Technology teams, business partners, and Vendors to plan, organize, secure, and manage resources for assigned project efforts following software development lifecycle and project implementation policies and procedures as applicable. Independently research, analyze, identify, and document the tasks to achieve the project goals. Coordinate, facilitate, and lead project team meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Responsible for the management of the project including: work statements, work breakdown structures, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving issues and action items, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders. Perform requirements gathering and quality assurance as needed. Vendor relationship management required.
- Work closely with our business partners to understand their business and system problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements. Work with Technology teams and management to identify solutions that enable the organization to achieve its project goals.
- Analyze, define and map business processes. Produce quality documentation and business process models as needed for assigned projects.
- Trace the requirements through life cycle of project to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established client policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, technology, project management or software engineering and/or 3+ years equivalent work experience.
- Experience required in project management, business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the user group(s) for a project.
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques required.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills required.
- Experience with Waterfall & Agile methodologies preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals and procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw graphs, and interpret spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes, requirements gathering, or business analysis required.