LAN Support Analyst, Sr
1050 Wall Street West Lyndhurst, NJ 10010
Sr. LAN Support Analyst / System Administrator (Direct Hire)
Our client’ s Information Services Department is seeking a direct hire System Administrator / LAN Support Analyst to join their third shift team.
As the System Administrator / LAN Support Analyst, you are:
- Accustomed to providing onsite coverage for a 24X7 operation.
- Interested in working in third shift.
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
- Extremely proficient and possess hands-on experience in the areas of hardware and operating system installation, configuration and support in an Enterprise (i.e. 2, 000 + servers) environment.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in virtualization technologies, configuration and support.
- Experienced with HP servers (rack mount and c-Class Blade platform) and knowledgeable of Cisco UCS & IBM hardware.
- Experienced with Windows Scripting Technology such as PowerShell, WMI and Batch scripting is a plus.
- Experienced with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experienced with networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP etc.
- Provide day-to-day Windows administration & support.
- Handle installation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Windows Systems (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2).
- Provide support and consultation to regional locations.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability, performance and security of the system(s).
- Modify or create processes to ease day-to-day administration & support tasks.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation on servers & procedures to maintain accuracy.
- Schedule hardware / software installations, patching and upgrades and confirm compliance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various issues (i.e. hardware break / fix, performance, etc.), respond to escalations and perform repairs as needed.
- Provide rotational 24x7 on call support duties.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Applications Services teams to strategize and evaluate new options and toolsets for server maintenance and continual process improvement.
- 3+ years of experience as a Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications (or equivalent) in Windows Server 2008 and / or 2012 (5 years of experience is preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with VMware ESX / ESXi technology (vSphere 5.x)
- 3+ years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments with an emphasis on remote " lights-out" management of systems
- Hands-on experience working with current and older HP Proliant and c-Class Blade servers.
- Expertise in general Windows Server installation, build, administration, security, backups & restorations and troubleshooting.
- VMWare (MUST)
- HP Blade
- Hardware support
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 (any one); Candidate should have worked in 500+ server environment.
- Preferable minimum 5 years’ experience.
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ
Shift: Third Shift – 2: 30pm to 10: 30pm
Other: Must be a local candidate, as well as able to work in the USA without sponsorship