Lead Automotive Estimator
482 S Keller Rd Orlando, FL 32810
Construction Cost Estimator / Lead Automotive Estimator (#6101)
Our client is growing! They are a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing their clients with Owner’ s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their program or construction projects. They offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies.
Established in 1947 - Constructive Expertise - It’ s in their DNA.
The Lead Automotive Estimators primary role is organizing and managing the execution of the cost estimate deliverable process from initial client meeting through to final client acceptance. The role manages the required resources needed to execute a complete and accurate estimate report deliverable in line with client expectations and in accordance with a proposed level of effort. This position will be based in Detroit and support the Automotive Regional Program Director in expanding our presence in the region, whilst working for OEM’ s and major Tier 1 suppliers.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages required staff resources, both locally and remotely, to complete conceptual and detailed estimates, estimate reconciliations with Owners, Engineers and Contractors and provide report deliverables.
- Acts as lead interface with client and related project team members and plans for scope of the project based on client expectations, WBS requirements and requested deliverable formats.
- Meets with manager to review Project Detail Sheet and other associated proposal information in order to plan for the proposed scope of services, number of deliverables and the level of expected effort in relation to the client’ s fee structure.
- Provides guidance to all staff involved in estimate and compiles, issues and follows up on RFIs to the project team in order to resolve technical questions related to the estimate.
- Reviews deliverables for completeness and provides overall quality assurance check prior to issuance of report. Reviews benchmark information and provides global check of reports. Summarizes variances and identifies key estimate cost drivers for project team review.
- Leads estimate and budget reconciliation efforts with Owner and their project construction team.
- Provides senior level general project management support as necessary (e.g., financial/operational budgeting, consolidation, analysis, forecasting; business development; pricing; billing; key client/consultant relationship management).
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary, including harvesting and analysis of cost data for our historical cost database.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or associated Cost Engineering and Cost Estimating professional qualifications such as AACE, ASPE, etc.
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in estimating, electronic quantity takeoff, and Primavera. Knowledge of typical estimating program functionality and related WBS is preferred.
- Knowledge of Automotive projects for paint shops, powertrain, testing, design centers/studios, corporate real estate facilities, including pricing conventions and trends.
- Ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, On Screen Take Off, EOS, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
Location: Metro Detroit Area
Duration: Full-Time Direct Hire position
Our client offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Broad Employer based benefits package, including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Time-off benefits that start with three weeks’ vacation, one-week sick leave and 8 paid holidays
- 401 (k) with employer match up to 3%
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options, including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
- Company culture rooted in professionalism, positivity and collaboration
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our client is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.