Lead Data Scientist
14700 carribean way Miramar, FL -
Lead, Data Scientist
Spearheads the analysis and examination of the business to define needs and/or opportunities; leading the gathering, and analysis of data and formulating a recommended course of action. The primary area of focus is leveraging existing Data Science initiatives or deploying new models or AI technologies. This role is responsible for seeing projects through from start to finish while leading a team of analysts and managing resources across the technical divide. Has responsibility for all areas within the global contact centers to define metrics that will assist the business with goals as set forth by organization leaders in a global context. Understands, analyzes and documents data to deliver informative, well-organized presentations to senior and executive management regarding processed forms i.e. guest satisfaction, enrollments, guest demographics, employee satisfaction, etc. Leads the development of functional and system specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain demand forecasting model (time series, regression, segmentation models etc.)
· Use non-linear regression models to develop price elasticity models
· Knowledge of linear and integer optimizations
· Knowledge of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Neural Networks
· Knowledge of Voice Analytics and Text Mining
· Manage the relationship with other analytical teams in the company and IT to design, and implement analytical projects
· Project management experience to identify business needs, translate business needs into technical requirements, and implement analytical models to meet project deadlines.
· Perform algorithmic modeling for our contact center workforce management and work closely with the OCU and finance teams.
· Integrate with external data sources to discover interesting trends.
· Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to internal and external teams.
· Design and manage data QA and validation using automation and best practices.
· Collaborate directly with teams/individuals across the company to facilitate the design, research, development, and delivery of data statistics, models and client deliverables.
· Take ownership of the various components of Data Science Life cycle: Data Wrangling, Feature Engineering, Data Visualization (discovery), Model Generation, Implementation and Maintenance.
· Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop our analytical, engineering, statistical, etc. toolkit
· Respond to ad-hoc data and analysis needs while supporting various projects. Conduct analyses of business data, evaluate trends and pattern changes, and learn to disperse results in a format appropriate for the audience.
· Support reporting, systems and modeling of current and expected revenue & bookings to support daily and strategic decisions and analyses for the global contact centers.
· Master’ s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or Management Science is preferred.
· Bachelor’ s degree from four-year College or university required (in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Management Science or related field).
· Post-grad experience as a Data Scientist, preferably 3+ years of experience, including experience designing statistical models.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Demonstrated experience with AI technologies such as speech analytics, sentiment analysis, chatbots, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Database and analytical programming skills (including SAS or R, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Experience with text analytics and artificial intelligence models
- Ability to assimilate ideas/concepts into data driven models and strategies.
- Strong Operations Research modeling skills (optimization and linear programming, etc.).
- Statistical modeling skills (regression and forecasting, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to present information to executive management, internal and external customers
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret revenue performance data
- Ability to structure logically quantitative analysis of complex issues
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the business in order to validate findings and conclusions and ensure data integrity and accuracy at all times. Understanding of database design and information systems, structure, functions and processes, and experience with database tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and responsibilities at once
- Expertise in data visualization
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing job functions the employee is regularly required to sit, and stand, write, review and type reports, compile data, operate a pc, communicate, listen, and assess information. The employee may move about the office complex, may travel to other office locations and may lift, push, pull or move 10-15 pounds. This position may travel. Visual requirements include distant, close and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The environment includes work inside/outside the office.