Loan Servicing Specialist III
2101 Rexford Road charlotte, North Carolina 28277
Loan Servicing Specialist III
If you have a passion for finance and want to work with one of the top 25 financial holding companies in the United States, then there could be an exciting opportunity for you!
ektello is hiring a Loan Servicing Specialist for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our client has been around since 1919, but redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. They offer financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Our client has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
The Servicing Analyst will be responsible for executing deliverables under the Mortgage Servicing Oversight Program (" MSOP"). The Servicing Analyst will support the Legal Requirements Testing and Monitoring Program (" Program") as well as other oversight initiatives as need to adequately manage the Bank' s risk associated with it mortgage subservicer outlined by the FDIC. The Servicing Analyst will support the Program by assisting the Senior Quality Analyst and work closely with others in the MSOP to ensure the framework for the Program is adequately maintained, and timely completion of comprehensive updates to the framework / matrix of legal requirements.
Additionally, the Servicing Analyst will employ his / her strong mortgage servicing background to assist in resolving any identified process deficiencies of the subservicer. The Servicing Analyst will routinely coordinate efforts and communications with various internal Bank business partners (legal, compliance, operations risk management) as well as external suppliers. These interactions require a high level of professionalism, tact, and patience.
- Identify specific loan population for each monthly test and provide to vendor for random sampling.
- Validate documents being requested from subservicer for each monthly test are the appropriate documents needed for testing.
- Prepare and submit monthly inventory document tracking list to subservicer.
- Review and confirm subservicer has returned the requested documentation for each monthly test.
- Review preliminary findings from each monthly review and determine if finding is valid.
- Review preliminary findings with legal requirements vendor and Mortgage Oversight Managers. Present preliminary findings recommendations.
- Review and approve subservicer findings scorecard provided by legal requirements vendor.
- Develop and maintain a database of documents required for each legal requirement.
- Develop and maintain a loan level database of each monthly test and documents requested.
- Track action plan timelines and provide updates to Mortgage Oversight Managers and Compliance.
- Track service level agreement performance of legal requirements vendor and prepare monthly/quarterly scorecards.
- Provide content for quarterly Board report.
- Develop and update Mortgage policies and procedures as needed.
- Broad background in mortgage servicing.
- Knowledge of various legal and regulatory requirements that govern mortgage servicing.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution.
- 5+ years’ experience in mortgage payment processing or investor reporting.
- Experience with default servicing and loss mitigation regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with ARM indices and interest rate/payment change processes.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems.
- Excellent analytical skills BS/BA required or equivalent mortgage servicing experience.