Logistics Specialist 5
1260 North Ellis Street Bensenville, IL 60106
Logistics Specialist 5
Top Skill Requirements:
- SAP Knowledge
- Practical Warehouse (Understanding workflow)
- Managing change
This onsite role will maintain relationships across LPS logistics teams, LPS warehouses, and LPS business unit employees to ensure that shipments are received in and shipped out of the warehouses within the KPI. This role will actively manage the logistics operations of LPS and identify areas for performance improvements. Develop and liaise with LPS Logistics team members and 3PL Warehouse staff. This position is responsible for generating weekly inbound/outbound KPI and forecasting reports. Supporting business units on urgent shipments and new-launch models by closely monitoring each event milestone. Assist with special projects and warehouses on shipments needing re-work and return shipments. Identify strategies to improve inventory control, storage, reduce product damage, and cycle counting and production data entry. Provides management and oversight regarding parts material inventory control. Responsible for routine or standard technical problems and responds to standard requests from internal and external customers. Makes decisions within guidelines and policies.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Bachelor' s Degree with 6-10 years of directly related experience is required.
- Prior experience in logistics operations, supply chain management and/or warehousing, 3PL (managing relationships) required.
- Strong understanding of service parts for home appliance, consumer electronics IT and services required for forward and reverse logistics activities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop and create original analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and consensus building skills.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Prior strong experience with SAP or similar business enterprise purchasing, inventory control and/or procurement management system required.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint preparation skills operating in an NT LAN/WAN systems environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in acceptance and approval and to provide clarification.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues and activities.
- The ability to read, interpret and simplify complex information from various documents to create clarity and ease of understanding.
- Ability to communicate in writing, through email, reports, presentations, or orally, product logistics matters to all audiences.
- The ability to clearly define objectives, identify tasks and work assignments, give direction and make decisions based upon applied knowledge of alternatives and work experience.
- Interact with all levels within the organization and has frequent external contacts.
Pay Rate: $38 - 42 / Hour
Location: Bensenville, IL
Duration: Long-term Contract (12 + months)
Working Hours: 40 hours per week / M-F; Weekend work (Saturday' s) is required for inventory - twice annually