Mail Clerk II
160 east 53rd st New York, NY 10017
Mail Clerk II
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Mail Clerk in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Mail Clerk to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
As the Mail Clerk, you will be responsible for inspecting and accepting incoming shipments of supplies, equipment and postal packages for all departments throughout the building, sorts and delivers them to designated areas.
- Receiving/Distribution - Receives deliveries of all merchandise, supplies and equipment, breaks down, sorts and delivers to designated areas via the Vuetura System.
- Provides appropriate equipment for unloading of parcels, e.g., pallets, flatbed trucks, etc.
- Checks merchandise, supplies, equipment received against packing slips and bill of lading for quantity and specifications by conducting a physical count of parcels delivered. Communicates any discrepancies (i.e., shortage, damaged merchandise) to supervisor/manager.
- Uncrates and, if necessary, palletizes and stacks on to appropriate internal delivery trucks.
- Delivers merchandise, equipment and postal packages to requisitioned.
- Supply Ordering - Takes inventory and orders supplies to maintain shelf levels in Receiving Office.
- Clerical Support - Process all supply requisitions/credits per department guidelines.
- Care for the Environment - Contributes to a safe, clean and operation environment.
- Ancillary Support/Coverage - Provides support and coverage in areas assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to push heavy carts and flatbeds as well as standing for long periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge
- Minimum Experience: 1 year or demonstrated competence using department assessment tools