1275 York Avenue New York, NY 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further! ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Mail Clerk in (New York City) to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Mail Clerk to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Inspects and accepts incoming shipments of supplies, equipment, and postal mail for all departments throughout the Center and sorts and delivers them to designated areas.
- Monitors and controls the flow of delivery trucks by assigning loading bays to deliveries and communicating corresponding directions to truck drivers.
Checks merchandise, supplies, equipment received against packing slip and bill of lading for quantity and specifications by conducting a physical inspection and a physical count of parcels delivered.
- Communicates any discrepancies to supervisor/manager
Signs packing slip or bill of lading. If physical count and the bill of lading or packing slip quantities vary, records any variances by adjusting the quantities on the bill of lading or packing slip
- Prioritizes urgent incoming parcels and mail for internal deliveries according to delivery type by placing parcels in designated areas for immediate delivery. Stages the parcels for delivery in designated areas according to building designation.
- Uncrates and, if necessary, palletizes and stacks onto appropriate internal delivery trucks
- Completes delivery information on the parcel label, i.e., employee name and location, if the information on the label is incomplete by performing the following steps.
- Makes two copies of packing slip and attaches to box containing merchandise
- Delivers merchandise/equipment to requisitioner and requests signature for merchandise delivered.
- Uses designated delivery routes as outlined by supervisor/coordinator
- Provides original packing slip to data entry clerk for data entry and files signed copy in appropriate folder sorted by purchase order sequence number
- Receives, sorts, and delivers postal mail to all parts of the Center
- Stays in the presence of all deliveries until each is received by the requisitioner
- Keep all outgoing merchandise, equipment and mail in the shipping office or mailroom and within sight until picked up by staff, carrier, or other transporter
Professional Services Recruiter
I’ve been on both sides of the table when it comes to recruiting – working for them and now working as one for ektello; let me use my experience to help you navigate your job search journey! I strive to be respectful of your time and am available to answer any questions you might have when the time is convenient for you.