Mainframe Systems Programmer
11550 Cronridge Drive Owings Mills, MD 21117
MAINFRAME SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER and STORAGE ADMINISTRATOR
**Contract minimum 6 months** Remote/Owings Mills, MD**
The need is for highly experienced mainframe z/OS (MVS) Systems programmer with broad background in Systems (not Application) work.
The Mainframe Storage Administrator is a key position in the Mainframe Technical Support team. This team is responsible for all facets of the mainframe platform environment including operating system, database (DB2), CICS and other key components. As a Storage Administrator the successful candidate will be responsible to configure storage, install and maintain software products, monitor, and sustain the storage of corporate data in databases, VSAM files, work and sort space to allow the proper processing of business requirements. Responsible for service delivery. The storage administrator will also execute all backup, recovery, disaster recovery, and related capabilities.
ROLE SUMMARY AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mainframe Storage Administration functions - DASD and TAPE.
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades IBM and 3rd Party products in a mainframe z/OS environment using SMP/E and zOSMF.
- Volume space and capacity management.
- Coordinates across support teams to quickly resolve disruptions to technology services, performs root cause analysis, and takes preventative measures
- Approves production readiness of technology solutions and application deployments
- Reviews performance trends across the broader technology portfolio and initiates actions to address areas at risk for potential impacts
- Proactively identifies and addresses vulnerabilities across the technology environment
- Work with vendors on hardware and software fixes, coordinating visits for repairs
- Capable of dissecting a problem into manageable parts
- Provides feedback and coaching to others who have management responsibility of resources
- Holds associates and teams accountable for adhering to practices and policies
- May lead initiatives of varying degrees of complexity and mentors others
- Possesses strong understanding of the tech and asset management industries and internal business units to enable navigation of key stakeholders and understanding of impact
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience
- Possesses subject matter expert level of knowledge in own expertise while maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the broader technology portfolio in entirety. Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Evaluates capacity utilization and initiates projects to address areas of excess and shortages proactively and reports to management in easy to understand presentations i.e. Excel spreadsheets, Powerpoint
- Reviews planned changes for alignment to target state and for adherence to policies before being implemented into the technology environment
- Works across teams to review technology portfolio and make recommendations for procedures and practices
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient with DFSMS and DFHSM
- Working knowledge & experience with Oracle Virtual tape environments including VSM, VLE and HSC management software
- Working knowledge of Dell/EMC DASD including SRDF remote copy
- Disaster recovery of DASD and TAPE
- Ability to track, maintain, and project space utilization using tools including FD Report, Excel
- Administrative experience with BMC Mainview; installation and support
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as a self-starter and to conduct environment discovery to understand SMS, ACS Routines
- BMC products AutoOperator, Mainview Batch Optimizer, Easy pool SRM, and CMF
- Systemware - Job History Subsystem
- CA-1, CA-JCLCHECK, CA-APCDOC
- Use of ServiceNow for Change and Incident management
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.