Manager, Strategic Design Initiatives
888 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94107
Have a passion for travel and world-class customer service?
ektello is currently hiring a Strategic Initiatives Manager for one of the most unique travel clients in San Francisco, CA. Our client provides magical travel experiences in 65, 000+ cities and 191 countries. With one of the world’ s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business, they have a place as one of the most iconic companies of this generation.
As part of this team, you understand how to drive results in a hyper-dynamic product design org. Experts in driving quality and process across creative teams at scale, you are analytical and strategic with a practical sense of how to get things done. You develop initiatives to deliver success for our product, hosts, and users and set high-level goals to improve productivity.
As a Manager of Strategic Initiatives, you will partner directly with the VP of Design to lead the planning, execution, and budgeting of strategic initiatives end-to-end. You will be responsible for developing programs and applying just the right amount of process for your teams to thrive. With a strong appreciation for the practice and process of design, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful product. You bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and deal with solving the “ how,” freeing up your design lead peers to focus on crafting the “ what.” You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong performance in your previous roles; you thrive ambiguity and show problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
• Partner with the VP of Design to program manage the development of our client' s highest-level strategic initiatives: define actionable plans, resourcing, and sequencing for large bodies of work
• Drive a successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams and markets and driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management
• Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and product health across your teams
• Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
• Develop strong working relationships with business teams to understand goals and priorities across the company
• Initiate and launch projects that significantly improve the Design org’ s operations
• Manage team operating rhythm, including communication structures, project templates, leadership cadence
• Drive integration of the various disciplines within the design org (research, content strategy, localization, production design)
• Define and manage how the design team interfaces with other functions such as product management, engineering, and marketing
• Uphold standards and best practices, ensure the design process and tools are applied
• Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies, including contract execution and financial reporting
• 7+ years Consulting, Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience
• Track record of managing and shipping impactful design initiatives in a large digital product org
• Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
• Distinctive problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders
• Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
• Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams
• Background in establishing systems
• Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
• Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization
• In-depth knowledge of and appreciation for the Product Design process
• Experience with or understanding of cross-functional (pm, design & eng) product-driven organizations or digital agency
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!