Manager User Experience
501 Boylston st. Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Manager User Experience
Do you think education is the most important thing in the world? Are you always learning and try to inspire others to learn about new skills and subjects? This role is for you!
ektello is seeking talent to fill our Manager User Experience role for one of our top education professionals in the world in Boston, Massachusetts. Our client strives to spread the benefits of education worldwide with an array of technologies, products, and services that cater address social and environmental impacts and needs.
- Contribute as a member of a team that solves user problems through User Centered Design process.
- Drives product UX Research effort, recommend appropriate methodologies depending on research objectives.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and supervise remote unmoderated studies.
- Consults with designers, product managers, developers, proto-typers and other team members to design, script, conduct and report user research that delivers appropriate and timely insights to the product design process.
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test concepts and requirements using heuristic/qualitative/quantitative methods.
- Interprets results, and data to identify UX issues and incorporates research from other groups; analytics, customer support and NPS scores to triangulate results.
- Communicates results and recommendations in a timely and easily consumable format.
- Continually strive to improve our research and design process to deliver better output.
- Collaborate with other teams to measure our effectiveness in both user experience improvements and learner outcomes.
- Mentors junior staff and interns.
- Five (5) years direct experience with user experience research methodologies such as card sorting, usability testing, ethnographic research, customer interviews, journey mapping, task analysis, surveys and focus groups.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a usability test facilitator/moderator, with a demonstrated professional demeanor and an ability to put research participants at ease.
- Test method selection, experimental design, participant recruiting management, screener creation, moderating (contextual inquiry, usability testing, participatory design, card sorting, focus groups etc.) surveys, online moderation, diary studies, ethnography, statistical/quantitative/qualitative analysis, persona development, site analytics, reporting and presentations (verbal and written).
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Extensive experience in / work well conducting iterative user testing in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Independent self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Expertise preparing and making formal presentations/reviews.
- Experience conducting mobile research (smart phones/tablets/native apps/online mobile sites).
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines a plus.
- MA/MS degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or a related field. A minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience in collecting user data for online interfaces in a consumer facing or enterprise organization.