Manual QA Tester
885 2nd Avenue 6th floor New York, NY 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next QA Engineer in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a QA Engineer to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Write and maintain test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on specifications and requirements for technically complex software products.
- Develop, execute and maintain manual test scripts.
- Identify, communicate, and document discrepancies encountered during the testing process.
- Enter, review and update software defects in defect tracking database.
- Participate in Production Support activities – research/troubleshoot issues identified in production. Replicate issues in QA environment as well as communicate resolutions and workarounds to Production Support Teams.
- 7 years of software quality assurance experience. Experience developing manual tests for functional, regression testing etc.
- Experience with testing APIs and web applications.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Strong sense of responsibilities and quality focus, fast learner and excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable in proactively communicating with others both within and outside of the immediate team to resolve issues and get questions answered.
- Ability to multi-task, react well to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, mathematics or related engineering field or equivalent experience.