1275 York Ave New York, NY 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Messenger in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for an Messenger to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
This candidate will safely retrieve, transport, and deliver specimens and blood products across/between locations in NYC. They will also transport patient specimens and sometimes light supplies from Main campus and Center for Laboratory Medicine Building (327 East 64th Street (between 1st and second). Approximately 4 blocks.
- Transports specimens rapidly and efficiently between various locations and communicates any issues/problems.
- Completes appropriate logs and documents accurately during tasks as per departmental policies
- Follows established infection control and safety policies for the facility, such as hand hygiene, protected health information (PHI), and/or proper lifting techniques, etc.
- Performs other special projects and/or ad hoc tasks as needed
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Professional Services Recruiter
I’ve been on both sides of the table when it comes to recruiting – working for them and now working as one for ektello; let me use my experience to help you navigate your job search journey! I strive to be respectful of your time and am available to answer any questions you might have when the time is convenient for you.