MicroStrategy Technical Specialist
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, FL 32819
Do you want to work with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you a MicroStrategy Specialist looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking a MicroStrategy Specialist for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, FL. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
- Provide technical support for the analytical and Business Intelligence environments.
- Design, develop and modify key executive management reports and dashboards.
- Design, develop and update MicroStrategy schema objects based on business requirements.
- Develop and execute command manager scripts for automation of process and object creation.
- Install and test new versions and updates, including server products.
- Apply MicroStrategy best practices in order to operationalize and harden projects for production.
- Provide data warehouse architecture guidance in relation to supporting MicroStrategy schema objects.
- This position requires “ hands-on” MicroStrategy knowledge and skills in order to support the analytics and reporting performed by various business areas.
- Monitor and maintain all the analytical and Business Intelligence processes.
- Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities.
- Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed.
- Facilitate and lead meetings with end users. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex analytical and business intelligence environment.
- Proven technical expertise with MicroStrategy, both administrative and development.
- Familiarity with Tableau, SSRS a plus. Responsibilities will include working in all 3 environments.
- Familiarity with other and Analytics tools a plus but not required (i.e. R, Python).
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models.
- Familiarity with Financial and other business concepts/KPI’ s
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Able to work with various platforms and databases (i.e. SQL Server).
- Able to write complex SQL and leverage backend databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- A plus if experience with other ETL/Data Integration, BI, data mining and modeling, and/or any statistical analysis tools.
- A plus if experience with Big Data technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in a technical field.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree - Technical degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.