Mid Level .Net Developer
34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
ektello is searching for a .Net Developer for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
Due to its success and excellent service, our client is rapidly growing and its IT Division now seeks an IT .NET Developer responsible for building .NET applications using .NET/VB/C#, Java, SQL, PL/SQL. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
Our client offers a fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to the success of existing and evolving software and services, utilizing a wide range of programming languages and frameworks (.Net/VB/C#, Java, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Analyze information processing, computer equipment and system requirement needs
- Test existing computer systems in order to provide suggestions for modifications that will meet capability requirements for proposed projects/workload efficiency operation
- Write detailed requirements and/or description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs
- Work with existing IT staff in providing assistance in software development, creating of test plans and other project direction
- Plan and prepare technical reports, memoranda and instructional manuals as documentation of program development
- Both VB.Net and ASP.Net (Both FrontEnd and BackEnd Development).
- Both enhancements and new development
- Oracle SQL/Postgres
- Develop new middleware processes using VB.net, C#, XML and FTP developed incoming and outgoing Web Services
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements and improvement to existing application
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the existing applications
- Document software requirements
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to solve database level issues including availability and stability of the database environments
- Work with vendors and application support teams to gather information, determine and implement resolutions
- The following is experience that would be a plus:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Knowledge of maintains codebase and repositories with tools like Bitbucket (preferred) or GitHub
- Experience working with Microservice Architecture
- Experience with applications for deployment to Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with akka.net a plus
- Developing on an Android/IOS mobile platform
- BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology of Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4+ years experience with ASP.Net, MVC 5, Restful services - Web API 2, VB, C# ver 5.0, LINQ, Entity-Framework version 6.3, SQL Server, Oracle Version 11 & 12.