Mid Level .Net Developer
34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to the success of existing and evolving software and services, utilizing a wide range of programming languages and frameworks (.Net/VB/C#, Java, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Analyze information processing, computer equipment and system requirement needs
- Test existing computer systems in order to provide suggestions for modifications that will meet capability requirements for proposed projects/workload efficiency operation
- Write detailed requirements and/or description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs
- Work with existing IT staff in providing assistance in software development, creating of test plans and other project direction
- Plan and prepare technical reports, memoranda and instructional manuals as documentation of program development
- Both VB.Net and ASP.Net (Both FrontEnd and BackEnd Development).
- Both enhancements and new development
- Oracle SQL/Postgres
- Develop new middleware processes using VB.net, C#, XML and FTP developed incoming and outgoing Web Services
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements and improvement to existing application
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the existing applications
- Document software requirements
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to solve database level issues including availability and stability of the database environments
- Work with vendors and application support teams to gather information, determine and implement resolutions
- The following is experience that would be a plus:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Knowledge of maintains codebase and repositories with tools like Bitbucket (preferred) or GitHub
- Experience working with Microservice Architecture
- Experience with applications for deployment to Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with akka.net a plus
- Developing on an Android/IOS mobile platform
Has no supervisory responsibility, provides basic work direction usually one-on-one
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers.
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstract – to ensure ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology of Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience
ASP.Net, MVC 5, Restful services - Web API 2, VB, C# ver 5.0, LINQ, Entity-Framework version 6.3, SQL Server, Oracle Version 11 & 12.
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with multiple departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
- Light travel.
- Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.