Mobile App - QA 3
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Quality Analyst III
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry? Are you also a quality assurance expert?
ektello is looking for a Quality Analyst for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, Michigan. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Execute test plans/cases and report on results.
- Communicate testing results in conjunction with test plans. Represent defects into the development process.
- Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Help develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned products.
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Scrum Product Owner, stakeholders, and development teams in order to help refine the Product Backlog by way of User Stories. This person will their expertise to help elaborate User Stories and ensure proper and complete acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
Participate in daily scrum activities.
- Experience testing mobile applications.
- Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements.
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing (Agile Testing).
- Detailed knowledge of Android and iOS Interface Guidelines (IG) a plus.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment (preferably Scrum).
- Experience collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
Solid work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
Experience with ExperiTest SeeTest a plus.
- Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/update statements, and basic grasp of Oracle or another relational database a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Ruby, Python, Jython, Groovy, Tcl), and/or open source test tools (Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others), and/or commercial test tool scripting languages, and/or programming in any language a plus.
- Test case creation (5-7 years' experience).
- Experience with standard detection and testing mobile applications.
- Experience with Jira.
- 10+ years’ experience in acceptance testing.
- Minimum of 10 years technical experience in Information Technology.