Network Engineer - Standard
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91608
Work hours and days will vary, including overnight and weekends (required). Initial work days and hours will be M-F, hours of 9am-6pm.
We are in need of a Network Engineer to provide network engineering resources as part of the 2019 network migration project.
We are looking for 3-5 year' s experience. There will be overnight shift work. The candidate will be coordinating the maintenance down time while we switch old switches to new switches.
We don' t need an architects or someone to design network.
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Switch maintenance or migration
Good troubleshooting skills
Good understanding of routing & switching
Wireless experience is nice to have but not required.
Department: USH IT Infrastructure
Job Title: Engineer, Network
Reports to: Director IT Infrastructure
- Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions. Design/develop wired/wireless network architecture to support new technology, business solutions, or new venues. Provide 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure including Industrial IP support.
- Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks. Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors. Respond to emergency network outages. Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events. Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, and transport level issues. Support attraction Industrial IP networks.
- Leads and assists with special projects from start to completion. Work with all project teams to understand requirements, formulate networking solution, implement, and support solution. Responsible for successful network implementation supporting the respective projects deliverable. Test and develop new technology in accordance to UPR-IT Mission Statement and business goals. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
- Assists in design, implementation and documentation of network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university in related field or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches), including 3-5 years’ experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter.
- Strong understanding of network design and topology
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
- Cisco platform experience (WiFi, Security, Datacenter, VoIP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- Ability to recognize and implement improved efficiencies and productivity
- Able to mediate issues between users, team members or other personnel and subordinates.
- Able to mentor others as needed.
- Capable of being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent system issues under pressure
- Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.