Network Engineer 4
145 Main Street Annapolis, MD 21401
Position: Network Engineer - RAN SME
Location: Remote (Annapolis, MD)
Duration: 13-months +
- 8+ years of professional experience in Engineering
- 5+ years for LTE, 5G
Must Have Skills:
- UE logs analysis
- Field issue debugging
- eNB logs analysis
- KPI analysis
- Bilingual in Korean is a PLUS
Role and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification and analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for handling deep technical discussion with team members and leading to right direction
- Responsible for hands on analysis of network performance issues (i.e. air interface, call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network optimization expectations
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Responsible for Tier3 support, analyzing and troubleshooting scheduler related issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results.
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
- Work with the Network Engineering and Operations Teams on the cell sites antenna and RF equipment configuration and database parameters
- Must be knowledgeable about development tools
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree or Ph. D. Degree a plus; 8+ years of professional experience in Engineering: 5+ years for LTE, 5G.
- Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation and performance improvements (KPIs).
- Solid understanding all technical problems in LTE, RF fundamentals and data network protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of CDMA/EVDO and LTE/Volte/5G technologies
- Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with In depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols and understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc