4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
ektello is looking for an overnight Friday-Sunday 8PM-8AM Network Engineer to work with one of the leading Dental Insurance providers in the U.S.
Contract: 6 month contract to hire
Responsible for the implementation and administration of: Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), firewalls, and other network infrastructure systems.
- Administers switches, routers, firewall engines and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise at multiple sites.
- Primary administrator and level 2 approver for all network change management functions including the security/subnets/VLANS/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems and configuring trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
- Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agent, access control, intrusion detection, and WAN optimization service.
- Administers TCP/IP on the network including design and tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems.
- Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
- Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
- Position requires a bachelor’ s degree with relevant coursework in computer science, network engineering, or information systems and three years’ related work experience in network administration and an associate level networking certification (CCNA Family). Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Position requires knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignment: Network hardware including Cisco stackable switches, chassis switches, Enterprise routers, small remote routers; network communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.), network communication hardware (LAN, WAN, routers, switches, cabling, etc.), network topologies (Ethernet VIANs, MPLS, VPN5, ISDN, etc.), network security infrastructure (Cisco ASAs, Firewall Services Modules, Checkpoint firewalls, exploit, viruses, etc.), server operating systems (Windows, Linux, Netware, etc.), di rectory services, integration, network based printing systems, and telecommunication hardware and software (PBX5, IP phones, etc.); experience with network management systems including HP Open View, Cisco MARS, Orion, and Websense; ability to analyze and resolve complex problems; us e independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Position requires the ability to provide on-call support as directed. Occasional travel may be required.
- This job’ s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually requires ADP I or II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.