24/7 Network Engineer
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
ektello is hiring a Network Engineer for our client, the largest and most experienced dental plan administrator in the USA, in Okemos, Michigan! Our client is made up of a nationwide system of independently operated dental health service plans, providing coverage to more than 78 million Americans and operating two of the nation’ s largest networks of participating dentists.
Network Engineer (#6992)
Responsible for the implementation and administration of: Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), firewalls, and other network infrastructure systems.
- Administers switches, routers, firewall engines and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise at multiple sites.
- Primary administrator and level 2 approver for all network change management functions including the security/subnets/VLANS/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems and configuring trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
- Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agent, access control, intrusion detection, and WAN optimization service.
- Administers TCP/IP on the network including design and tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems.
- Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
- Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
- Position requires a bachelor’ s degree with relevant coursework in computer science, network engineering, or information systems AND three (3) years’ related work experience in network administration and an associate level networking certification (CCNA Family - CCNA or CCNP preferred). **Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience**
- Position requires knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignment:
- Network hardware including: Cisco stackable switches, chassis switches, Enterprise routers, small remote routers; network communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.), network communication hardware (LAN, WAN, routers, switches, cabling, etc.)
- Network topologies (Ethernet VIANs, MPLS, VPN5, ISDN, etc.)
- Network security infrastructure (Cisco ASAs, Firewall Services Modules, Checkpoint firewalls, exploit, viruses, etc.)
- Server Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Netware, etc.)
- Directory services, Integration, Network-Based Printing Systems
- Telecommunication hardware and software (PBX5, IP phones, etc.)
- Experience with network management systems, including HP Open View, Cisco MARS, Orion, and Websense
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Uses independent judgment and communicates effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Position requires the ability to provide 24/7 on-call support, as directed. Occasional travel may be required.
Location: Okemos, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ Months); High potentials for Contract to Hire
Work Schedule: Second Shift / Weekends - overnight Friday-Sunday 8PM-8AM
This job’ s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually requires ADP I or II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.