1 Blachley Road Stamford, CT 06902
Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. • Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary (shift work will be required).
• Network security experience.
• LAN and WAN experience.
• Maintaining and administering Sports Group networks and related computing environments.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
Location: Stamford, CT
Role Type: Contract