100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, California 91618
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Network Engineer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Network Engineer for one of our top multimedia clients in Universal City, CA. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions.
- Design/develop wired/wireless network architecture to support new technology, business solutions, or new venues.
- Provide 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure including Industrial IP support.
- Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks.
- Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors.
- Respond to emergency network outages.
- Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events.
- Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, and transport level issues.
- Support attraction Industrial IP networks.
- Leads and assists with special projects from start to completion.
- Work with all project teams to understand requirements, formulate networking solution, implement, and support solution.
- Responsible for successful network implementation supporting the respective projects deliverable.
- Test and develop new technology in accordance to UPR-IT Mission Statement and business goals.
- Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
- Assists in design, implementation and documentation of network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established company policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 - 7 years managing/supporting Cisco network infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network design and topology
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
- Associate’ s degree (AA) required; Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches).
- 1-3 years’ experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter; or equivalent combination of education and experience.