300 S Washington Square #200 lansing, MI 48933
- This role requires ADP II clearance which requires US citizenship
- Administers switches, routers, firewall engines, load balancers and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise at multiple sites
- Administers TCP/IP on the network including tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems. Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Ability to perform basic as well as intermediate troubleshooting if issues occur
- Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis
- Primary administrator and able to participate in peer review for all network change management functions including the security/subnets/Vlans/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems and configuring trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
- Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agents, access control, intrusion detection, and WAN optimization service.
- Ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Ability to record/update tickets in the Service Management tool
- Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
- Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Experience with patch panel cabling
- Experience with system builds and decom’ s
- Ability to rack or rack or de-rack hardware
- Proven experience with monitoring systems
- Proven experience with automation software
- Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures
- Ability to seek solutions to problems using one’ s own resources
- Three years' related work experience in network administration and an associate level networking certification (CCNA Family). Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Understanding of ITIL concepts
- Position requires knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignments:
o Network hardware including Cisco stackable switches, chassis switches, Enterprise routers, small remote routers; network communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.)
o Network communication hardware (LAN, WAN, routers, switches, cabling, etc.)
o Network topologies (Ethernet, VLANs, MPLS, VPNs, ISDN, etc.)
o Network security infrastructure (Cisco ASAs, Firewall Services Modules, Checkpoint firewalls, exploits, viruses, etc.)
o Server operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMWare, etc.), directory services
o Integration, network based printing systems, and telecommunication hardware and software (PBXs, IP phones, etc.)
o Experience with network management systems including Nagios, Orion, and WebSense
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Use independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Associate degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related degree / work experience
- A combination of education, experience and training may be considered in lieu of a formal degree
- Position requires the ability to provide on-call support as directed. Occasional travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all installed Network systems and infrastructure
- Perform basic troubleshooting when issues occur
- Escalate issues to management when appropriate
- Executing Requests for Changes (RFCs)
- Record/update tickets in the Service Management tool
- Provide escort services for co-location customers, suppliers or business partners as appropriate
- This job’ s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually requires ADP I or II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.
- Quality execution of essential duties and responsibilities
- Feedback from others including staff, clients, members and vendors
Minimum Physical Expectations:
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer
- Physical activity may require lifting under 75 lbs
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel – car, train, and/or air
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and/or twisting
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time