Network Infrastructure Engineer II / Linux Admin
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Network Infrastructure Engineer II
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Network Infrastructure Engineer II for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Proven skills and experience installing, configuring, administrating, monitoring/maintaining computer systems and associated applications in a data center (or equivalent) environment including web servers such as Apache and WebLogic, application servers such as WebLogic, database servers such as Oracle.
- 10 years + Experience.
- Proven skills and experience troubleshooting computer and related operational issues independently.
- Proven skills and experience identifying and implementing operational procedures.
- Proven skills and experience conducting end-user support.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing end user documentation, process/policy/ procedure documentation, operational support incident communications, etc.
- Proven skills and experience with network/host security (LDAP, Active Directory, UNIX, etc.).
- Proven skills and experience administrating both UNIX (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX) and Microsoft Windows. (2003, 2008, 7) operating systems. Adept at the use of performance analysis methods/tools to tune systems and resolve connectivity problems.
- Proven understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts (Experience configuring network file systems (NFS), network file synchronization schemes, license manager configuration, etc.).
- Proven experience with TCP/IP networking protocols (ability to debug and manage at the network level, firewall management).
- Java/J2EE experience. Should have sufficient experience in deploying/troubleshooting Java/J2EE applications. Should have sufficient experience using WebLogic.
- Unix – Should have sufficient experience in Unix commands/Shell Scripting. Should be proficient in triaging issues with Linux/Unix OS.
- Perl – Should be proficient in Perl Scripting.
- Bachelor' s degree required, Master' s degree preferred
- 4 days a week which includes weekends (ex. Wednesday - Saturday or Sunday - Wednesday).
- This position also encompasses rotational 24 x 7 on call support.
- Requires high speed internet connection to interact with global environment.