Network Infrastructure Engineer II / Linux Admin
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Linux Systems Administrator (#6903)
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Linux Systems Administration - extensive operating system interaction (Unix Command Language, Perl Scripting)
- Deployment and implementation of JAVA and WebLogic based apps
- Additionally, the systems administrator will perform maintenance and operational support activities for computers, network infrastructure, and associated applications, including end user support.
- Data Center Facilities (access control, environmental conditioning, resource assignment/distribution, etc.)
- Computing Devices (desktops, notebooks, servers, mobile devices, etc.)
- Global Network Infrastructure (routers, firewalls, DNS servers, etc.)
- Engineering Peripherals (vehicles, test modules, scopes, etc.)
- Operations Support Processes and Procedures (documentation, support, and execution)
- This position also encompasses rotational 24 x 7 on call support.
Skills and Abilities:
- Operational experience with sustain activities (application deployment, support and maintenance)
- Strong task automation experience, preferably with Perl
- Skilled in troubleshooting application issues independently
- Proficient in Linux/Unix ( administration / command language) and Perl/Shell Scripting (automation), as well as service implementation of Java/J2E/WebLogic, Oracle/My SQL, and other apps/systems
- Proven operational support experience both infrastructure (servers, network, etc.) and application (application monitoring, application administration and restart, etc.
- Proven skills and experience installing, configuring, administrating, monitoring/maintaining computer systems and associated applications in a data center (or equivalent) environment, including web servers such as Apache and WebLogic, application servers such as WebLogic, database servers such as Oracle
- Proven skills and experience troubleshooting computer and related operational issues independently
- Proven skills and experience identifying and implementing operational procedures
- Proven skills and experience conducting end-user support
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing end user documentation, process/policy/ procedure documentation, operational support incident communications, etc.
- Proven skills and experience with network/host security (LDAP, Active Directory, UNIX, etc.)
- Proven skills and experience administrating both UNIX (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX) and Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008, 7) operating systems. Adept at the use of performance analysis methods/tools to tune systems and resolve connectivity problems.
- Proven understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts (Experience configuring network file systems (NFS), network file synchronization schemes, license manager configuration, etc.).
- Proven experience with TCP/IP networking protocols (ability to debug and manage at the network level, firewall management)
- Proven skills programming in an administrative language (Perl, UNIX shells, etc.).
- Exposure to database management a plus (backup, ETL, transactional replication approaches)
- Exposure to CTI/Telephony PBX administration a plus (Asterisk soft switch, VoIP, SIP, etc.)
Experience: 10 years + Experience with network infrastructure and OS profiling
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)
- This is a 2nd shift position.
- During the training period, the anticipated work schedule will be 9: 00 a.m. to 5: 00 p.m., weekdays.
- After the training period, the anticipated work schedule will be approximately 4 nights a week/10 hours each, which includes a weekend (ex. Wednesday - Saturday or Sunday - Wednesday). This schedule includes on-call activities.
#INDHigh 6903 sp9-17