Network QA Engineer 4
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Job Title: 4G/5G Senior System Test Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Duration: 13-months +
We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Top Must Have skills/requirements:
- Candidate should have performed LTE and NR feature testing
- Candidate should know LTE and NR call flows such that document referencing is not needed.
- Candidate has actually testing experience (No RF Optimization, No Performance Optimization candidates)
- Candidate should be independent and have the attitude to figure out if any issues.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience of lab testing and verification
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of test plan and test cases for product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Technical lead for a team of engineers.
- Detailed understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Detailed understanding of 5G NR concepts such as SA, NSA operations, DSS, Network Slicing
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is required
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Experience with RAN testing
- Experience with Network Virtualization
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Detailed understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades, MOP verification
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years experience is preferred
- Bachelors Degree is EE/CS is required
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project