Network Tester 3
200 Connell Drive Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
The incumbent is responsible for providing testing support for SW development, including QA regression testing of HW/SW, troubleshooting Android OS, Windows Mobile OS. Candidate will be responsible for testing various test plans for various US carriers. Recommend enhancements and support third party applications development for the current and future generations of mobile handset products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Testing OTA SW updates. (Nokia Motive and Samsung internal solutions)
* Testing/troubleshooting hardware, software, embedded software used in wireless data networking for CDMA/LTE/5G phones, tablets, wearables, mobile hot spot devices.
* Performing sanity testing, stability testing, functionality testing, and stress testing and feature testing on various devices.
* Performs lab tests and evaluates new wireless products and accessories, including verification of product features by simulating of a variety of customer applications.
* Prepare test results data and writes required equipment engineering reports to ensure products compliance with Verizon Wireless, USCC, Tracfone, Comcast requirements and test plans.
* Works effectively with team members, provide support to R&D, QA and PMs as needed.
* Support pre-launch and post launch activities for Samsung devices.
* Requires between 1-3 years technical or telecommunications engineering related experience along with B.S degree.
* Prior experience with Android OS desired.
* Prior experience with Windows Mobile OS desired.
* Prior mobile device testing experience desired.
* Prior experience with US carrier test plans desired.
* Experience with automated testing scripts/solutions. Monkey, Phyton etc. is a plus.
* Previous hands on experience with QXDM, QCAT, wireshark desired.
* Previous experience with Software Update solutions desired.
- At least 1-3 years experience w/ Carrier testing - executing test plans.
- Understanding of Android OS
- Experience testing mobile devices, tablets, etc.