OTA Validation Engineer / Validation Engineer 4
30003 Fisher Brothers Rd. AEC Warren, MI 48093
Over the Air Validation Engineer (#6775)
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for an Over the Air Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic clients in Warren, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Over The Air (OTA) Validation Engineer.
- Work with Calibration Engineers and DREs to obtain appropriate software archive(s) for OTA validation activities.
- Engage VVEs, System Bench Leads to reserve/schedule appropriate vehicle or bench test properties, respectively.
- Develop & Execute test procedures that comprehend OTA requirements and functionalities.
- Execute validation plans for the subsystem at bench and vehicle level.
- Analyze the vehicle portfolio and associated interfacing subsystem rollout (clusters, BCM, Radio, ECC, ECM, VICM, etc.) to develop a high level test matrix that ensures that all vehicle/component combinations are tested.
- Develop test methods based on functional telematics and interfacing subsystem requirements.
- Track & Plan future OTA validation based on present and future ECU availability.
- Execute testing to develop test methods that validate system requirements of OTA targeted ECUs.
- Track hardware and Software changes to Telematics’ interfacing ECUs as they relate to OTA.
- Provide and report the status of testing and validation activities.
- Timely document all anomalies using existing documentation tools (ESIM/PRTS)
- Follow issue resolution from issue origination thru verification, closure, and monitoring.
- Root cause system level telematics nonconformities to the appropriate offending module.
- Update component/subsystem scorecards to properly status OTA validation status.
- Develop new test techniques to improve test quality/efficiency.
- Work with engineering functions, suppliers and others to implement cost reduction items or product improvements
- Attend PDT' s when required and contribute validation status.
- Anticipate and communicate validation roadblocks/challenges
- Develop and implement new test methods to improve quality/efficiency (automation, etc)
Basics skills required
- BS Electrical / Computer Engineering and minimum of 2 years of embedded software development and/or validation experience
- Thorough understanding of automotive serial data protocols (CAN, MOST, Ethernet, etc).
- High level of analytical ability to solve problems that are unusual or difficult
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments and switch between tasks as timing and resources dictate.
- High level of analytical ability to understand the operation of complex combinational and sequential systems
- Experience with automotive serial data tools (Vehicle Spy, Canoe, Mocha, etc)
- Self-motivated to achieve results on time with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meters, scopes, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with automotive electrical systems.
- Experience with telematics related components and functionality.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor-based devices and systems.
- Experience with environmental, diagnostics, and serial data testing
- Experience with PC driven test equipment and systems.
- Experience with hardware and software requirements documentation
- Basic knowledge of cellular systems
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12 + months)
Pay Rate: $30/hr W2