Operations Engineer (Network Operations)
888 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94107
Have a passion for travel and world-class customer service?
ektello is currently hiring a Operations Network Engineer for one of the our most unique travel clients in San Francisco, CA. Our client provides magical travel experiences in 65, 000+ cities and 191 countries. With one of the world’ s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business, they have a place as one of the most iconic companies of this generation.
Network Operations Engineer (#7607)
- Operates company' s internal data communications systems.
- Plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP).
- Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers and switches.
- Works on project implementation.
- Provides training and assists with proposal writing.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- IT Operations duties that includes systems, applications, and in particular, work on Network Operations issues and requests.
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations.
- Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- Working knowledge of network IP Protocols and Networking concepts EG:
- DHCP/ DNS/ HTTP(s)/ NAT/ VPN/ VLANs/ 802.1x/ Wireless/ Clustering/ High Availability/ Load Balancing
- Working knowledge of IP Protocols (TCP/UDP/ICMP), Firewall Policy/Filtering, and Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF/HSRP)
- Familiarity working in enterprise networks using Cisco IOS/NXOS, and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Proficiency with Linux Cisco Network Certification (prefer CCIE) / Palo Alto Networks Certification (PCNSE)
- CCIE Certification
Certifications & Licenses:
- CCIE (preferred)
- Network Certification
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: Initially a 3-month Contract with high possibility to extend