2995 River Road Buffalo, NY 14207
Technical Operations Specialist
The Operations Specialist role has an on-site responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to plant floor information technology and business unit objectives in a large manufacturing facility. More specifically, this role will perform tasks requiring on-site support for basic & intermediate level requests for Information Technology clients/end devices, applications, and network infrastructure per the responsibilities listed below.
- Monitors critical applications through provided tools for application disruptions impacting plants ability to manufacture product.
- Escalate issues through standard processes when they occur.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems requests, hardware, and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, and replaces hardware and common software systems associated with manufacturing environment and supporting business functions.
- Familiar with a variety of the IT field' s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to build desktop or laptop/tablets with Windows 10 and able to support Windows 7
- 2+ years in an End-User IT Support role would be ideal (Level 1 Service Desk or Site Coordination experience)
- Must have the Technical capability to support PCs, printers, and a variety of applications (both office and production data collection and reporting type apps)
- Ability to build desktop or laptop/tablets with Windows 10 and able to support Windows 7; Build PC clients (business function/plant floor/wireless) to client specifications for real-time manufacturing systems.
- Ability to repair/support printers
- Network background
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision, as well as be an extremely quick learner.
- While not required to be technically adept with the all the systems we deal with, must be able to execute playbook(s) for incident handling.
- Coordinate and perform work under general direction from an assigned manager, in-line with IT policies and procedures
- Contact application lead, business owner, and lead business stakeholders, as needed
- Support moves, adds, and changes in the IT environment at the direction of others. Responsive to PC equipment failures
- Meet all manufacturing Safety requirements.
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 11+ month contract
Work Schedule: This is typically a 5 day / week role but may require weekend work.