633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, New York 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Paralegal in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Support in-house counsel, management and outside law firms in handling actual and potential claims.
- Collect and compile data used in the identification of hospital risk management issues.
- Assist counsel in the drafting and preparation of legal documents, including work processing, editing, and proofreading.
- Using extant software, maintain and supervise another in the maintenance of up-to-date risk management database including database entry, data validation and production of reports which include current lists of open, closed and potential legal claims.
- Participate in and prepare aspects of legal actions monitored by the Legal Department.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews and depositions of staff being interviewed or deposed.
- Perform other general administrative tasks for the Associate and Assistant General Counsels in the department, on an as-needed basis, such as scheduling of meetings, maintenance of calendars, general correspondence and filing, and answering telephones.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at learning on the run while tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Approachable: someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- A minimum of an Associate' s Degree or Certified Vocational Training.
- Experience in a legal office (preferred).
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Word processing, typing and computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data pertaining to professional liability claims and other sensitive matters.
- Notary or will obtain within 1 year employment.
- High level of comfort with technology and information management tools.