1100 Klein Road Plano, TX 75074
Payroll SSC Specialist
**12 month W2 contract ** REMOTE TO START **
**Later, onsite Plano, TX**
Payroll SSC Specialist will focus on supporting all regions with UltiPro payroll processing across the US and Canada. Will partner with SSC and Ulti Pro to create a seamless integration plan.
- Must assist with payroll operations to ensure the smooth, timely, and accurate delivery of payroll services in multiple locations.
- Ensure compliance, regulatory reporting and remittance, requirements are adhered to.
- Develop subsidiary relationships and vendor partnerships to improve process efficiencies.
- Perform SWOT analysis to identify gaps in payroll process flow.
- Partner with SSC and Vendor to create a seamless experience for workers, HR and business owners.
- Process weekly transfer of payroll data to Ulti Pro
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer' s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- May prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- May prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- May keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- May prepare and issue paychecks.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
- Supports consistent delivery of outstanding customer experience by adhering to SLAs and QA requirements.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree (Accounting or Finance preferred), CPP or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of payroll experience with demonstrated experience in payroll process design, metrics, project management and change management.
- International payroll experience (Canada).
- Time and attendance (Kronos preferred).
- Large scale payroll platform experience (UltiPro, SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Shared Service Center or 3rd Party Business Process Outsourcing experience.
- Certifications Desired (Ultimate Software, Kronos, CPP, FPC, etc.)
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts