Portfolio Program and Project Management (PPPM) Capability Lead
300 S Washington Square #200 Lansing, MI 48933
#8498 | Portfolio Program Project Manager (PPPM) – Lansing, MI
The Portfolio Program and Project Management (PPPM) Capability Lead will work closely with the Agile Consultant and Project Lead to drive the direction, timing and implementation of solutions to meet customer andd business goals and objectives. They will be responsible for overseeing and continuously maturing the PPPM capability for both client services delivery and internal use (e.g. sales and offering enablement). The PPPM Capability Lead will be responsible for defining and implementing standards and best practices for project or program selection, prioritization, execution, monitoring and measurement. Acts as consultative Subject Matter Expert (SME) for customer discussions on PPPM, and in conferences or other speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 10+ years of progressive technology and/or portfolio management experience
- PMP certified
- Agile or Scrum certification a plus
- Change Management certification a plus
- Executive level presence
- Experience in establishing, maintaining, and/or serving in a consultative capacity for PPPM Capability
- First-hand experience with large-scale software development and/or project management programs such as digital transformations and/or system modernizations
- Experience implementing and managing PPPM software a plus
- Proven track record driving tangible results in high pressure situations
- Strong consultative, analytical, consensus-building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication to both executive leadership team, peers, and staff
- Ability to work independently and be a creative and innovative problem solver
- Ability to delegate and effectively prioritize workloads
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- May establish a financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, IT and business managers, vendors and IT executives; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Building Agile squads that align to product owner driven roadmaps and solution demands while establishing a team-driven culture based on Agile values/principles & team norms.
- Support and coach individuals through their career journey in creating a culture of creativity, innovation, quality, and collaboration to deliver new solutions to emerging business needs
- Define/refine the PPPM vision and approach for the client
- Implement and facilitate a framework to identify cross-project interdependencies to avoid potential impacts and to identify optimizations for scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization
- Use Change Management best practices to appropriately roll out PPPM changes
- Provide guidance and oversight on the implementation of best practices
- Continue to mature the operationalized PPPM processes to ensure transparency and maximize value to
- Serves as mentor and coach to PPPM team members as needed
- Explores and recommends trends and evolutions to PPPM, including integrations with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and PPPM training/hiring strategies
- Manage third party contracts for software solutions and services and being the steward of the full portfolio of purchased solutions, home-built custom solutions, and the integration of this suite of products. This includes building and maintaining a technology vision, working closely with diverse skills of direct staff, product owners, architecture teams, and peer managers to understand needs & dependencies to establish individual and team objectives & expectations to manage both to annual plans and daily needs.
- Hires and manages individual contributors; coaches and counsels team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Appraises and evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations. Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Responsible for unit' s workforce and talent management plans, including skills forecasting, staff development, training and succession planning
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance applications, products or portfolio
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 6 Month Contract