Product Business Analyst / Business Analyst 2
100 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
Product Business Analyst
In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers to understand product strategy to create and document business and functional requirements. The ability to elicit product feature requirements via customer/user feedback, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis is essential. You will utilize your abilities and the data you collect to create industry standard business requirement documentation that will feed into the product development lifecycle. Core to this is interpreting customer business needs and translating them into data asset and software development requirements. You will also document and maintain the Product Library including Product definition / usability guides, process flows and detailed requirements.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to create business and pricing plans that contribute to profit and growth.
- Perform design, development and management of new, existing or acquisition products.
- Work with business team and key stakeholders to define scope, costs and timelines for updating existing products and implementing new products.
- Implement existing product updates to meet the customer needs.
- Assist in the deployment of new products.
- Work with product design team to understand product feasibility and limitations.
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure that delivered system is properly tested and meets the product requirements.
- Work with product design team to analyze and clarify product requirements.
- Prepare and distribute product performance reports to customers.
- Work with distribution partners to identify sales opportunities and to position products on key platforms.
- Work with Product and Account Managers in promoting products to improve sales and revenue.
- Identify product marketing ideas and opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive trends.
- Facilitate changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Information Sciences or equivalent degree required
- 3+ years’ experience in developing industry standard Business Requirements and Technical Specifications
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, a strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to take strategic guidance on product direction and convert it into actionable designs and product development
- Experience in Agile Software Development
- Experience in dealing with insurance, marketing and/or retail systems
- Experience in dealing with mobile software or mobile technologies
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Contract is initially written through 12/31/2019; Expectation is that it will extend into 2020