Product Manager - Customer Device Analytics and Data Science
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Customer Device Analytics and Data Science - Product Manager
**12+ months W2 Contract, Plano, TX**
This position will be responsible to design, deliver and drive the end-to-end Customer Device Analytics (CDA) stack that is the core for all customer engagement. Ensuring that all layers under the CDA stack are functioning as expected will be of critical importance as many internal teams/systems will depend on this core resource for their customer engagements. The PM will also be critical in ensuring Data Science capabilities are activated through the CDA stack and that these empower and improve customer engagement. This is just as much a business role as it is a technical one. This position will report to the Director of Customer Device Analytics.
In today’ s fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common - reliance on Data to drive the next wave of innovation. Strategic Analytics is our client’ s Center-of-Excellence that is driving the adoption of data driven decision making and product development across the company. The teams core focus is developing best-in-class solutions that provide marketing and service organizations with a 360-degree view of the customers.
Strategic Analytics is powering a paradigm shift at our client and the global industry. We are looking for highly talented team members who are passionate about data, have the rigor needed to solve billion-dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. Strategic Analytics combines the engineering backbone of a best-in-class Big Data Platform with the analytic expertise of advanced mining and predictive modeling.
If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, our client is the place to be.
What you’ ll be doing:
- Design & deploy: CDA stack is a modular set of tools and models that always remains live. It is expected to add/edit/augment various parts of this stack to address key business needs. Therefore designing and deploying new features to this ever-evolving stack will be a critical part of this job.
- Product development: While the Platform & Data Science teams will be responsible to complete their respective tasks under CDA, it is essential that this role has an understanding of a broad range of topics required to run a best-in-class user-profile. This includes the knowledge of data quality, ID mapping, DB storage, Analytical modules, Data Governance, API development, Data Science modelling and Reporting.
- Business co-ordination: Since the CDA stack will be the single source of truth about customers for all teams across the company, it involves a fair bit of stakeholder management, and project co-ordination. This person is expected to understanding create business case documents, conduct feasibility studies, manage stakeholder interviews and execute tasks in a timely manner.
What you bring:
- Graduate or Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, etc.)
- 4 or more years of professional experience in marketing, product management, strategy or related field in a quantitative role
- Direct experience with using customer data in e-commerce, technology, mobile or consumer electronics industries would be preferred
- Irrepressible intellectual curiosity, boldness, and honesty
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to deliver results
- Ability to draw from disparate sources and bring fresh ideas to solve traditional problems
- Focused on results and their implications (rather than methods/tools/process)
- Comfortable reprioritizing as situations change to maximize our impact
- Openness to work with different cultures and working styles
- Succinct, proactive communication; translate data analytics into business speak
- Comfortable to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds from highly technical to marketing to sales/business
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong in SQL Skills, Python, MS office
- Solid understanding of data science concepts - Statistical modeling, regression analysis
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Tableau highly preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.