Product Manager 3
645 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 94043
Position: Product Manager
Location: Remote (Preferred location is Mt. View or NYC location. Must be able to work on West coast or East coast hours)
Duration: 12-month contract to hire
About the Role:
- Describe the five or six most important elements or responsibilities of the position as well as any key special projects or assignments.
- Include information related to the impact this position has on the organization and the responsibilities of the position to innovate procedures, services or products.
- The PM will help drive collaboration between PIT and other stakeholders in defining new concepts and roadmaps across multiple projects concurrently.
- Stakeholders include the corporate strategy team and Incubator team.
- This PM headcount will give PIT staffing versatility and flexibility to define and drive more product/service innovations across lines of business.
- On a weekly basis, the PM will lead both PIT and Strategy/Incubator teams in reviewing and iterating the current product/concepts MVP features.
- On a monthly basis, the PM will provide the latest iteration of product use cases and user flows as well as future roadmap use cases and features.
- This includes the latest product requirements document and market requirements update as applicable.
- Work with cross-functional teams including business strategy, engineering, design and commercial roles to clearly lay out the new product requirements and make choices based on quantitative data.
- Use market trends, competitive research, consumer feedback, and data analysis to deeply understand the targeted users and develop NEW must-have innovative user experiences
- Identify product opportunities and user experiences that can drive KPIs such as activation, engagement, retention, and revenue
- Own the product roadmap and define consumer and business priorities over time from must-have at launch to future growth areas
- Accurately assess technical feasibility of product features from ideation to inclusion in the minimum viable product
- Build on existing experience of scaling a new consumer product from launch to mass adoption
- Education/Skills What critical knowledge, skills and/or education are necessary to successfully perform this position?
- Have successfully delivered B2C or B2B2C consumer-facing hardware or software products in consumer electronic industry (e.g. mobile, tablet and TV devices
- Knowledge of product management best practices including roadmap development, concept validation, requirements definition, and feature prioritization
- Data-driven and comfortable using multiple-sourced data to conclude key product decisions - version 1 MVPs vs. future backlogs
- Knowledge of pricing analysis based on consumer willingness to pay research
- Demonstrated consumer-obsessed product mentality through the previous products/features launched
- Strong documentation, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong execution capability in collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. software integration partners) at all levels in a complex environment
- Understanding of agile methodologies and SCRUM
- An understanding of how to develop and launch new products in a B2C and B2B2C environments
- Commercially-minded, able to understand channel sales strategies and recommend how product could be positioned/optimized to drive channel-specific sales
- Ability to visualize consumer behavior through metrics
- Keen attention to detail and good judgment for when something is user-ready
- Fluent in Korean is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering or any science (math, physics, chemistry, biology)
- PIT is focused on front end innovation - to define emerging future products and concrete requirements to bring a product to market.
- PIT works across all of product categories - HA, HE, Mobile, etc.
- We are looking for candidates w/ Hardware and Software product innovation backgrounds as this is where the products need to be defined.
- Candidate who worked in corporate innovation teams or consulting teams will stand out!
- his role will work with both B2B AND B2C products, but consumer mind-set is preferred (to be able to understand consumer insights analytics/research).
3 key areas:
- Better understanding of pricing of future products
- Sales strategies - how they play out with different channels in US market
- Market sizing, financial aspect of commercializing products
- The Product Innovation Team (PIT) evaluates evolving consumer behaviors and market trends to define new-to-the-world product concepts, backed by quantifiable business models.
- After market research, concept testing and prototyping have been completed for a winning concept, there is a need to have a product manager (PM) manage the subsequent iterative refinement, prioritization and scoping of the detailed product features, pricing, and sales strategies to bring it to market.
- This role in product management is responsible for writing clear product requirements document including key validated hardware and software features, price targets, any require partnerships and intended sales channels.
- Often this work will require defining an MVP or minimum viable product that prioritizes the top essential features to launch with, followed by a roadmap of features that are added over time.
- The PM is accountable for a clear product direction so that everyone shares the same understanding and can move it forward into commercialization.
- Will work extensively w/ strategy incubation team (engineers, researchers) and project leads in the PIT function.
- This role will define key requirements for a product to go to market to commercialization stage.
- This position is critical in coming up with concrete product requirements while focusing on the 3 key areas above.
- Looking for someone that is structured-thinker!
- Can think extensively on what are concrete requirements to move forward w/ a specific product innovation?
- Also looking for someone that is trained in product management - used to writing BRD, product requirement documents, taking ambiguous things to concrete forms and develop project requirements.
- Must be trained in Agile development processes (SCRUM is a huge plus) - work w/ designers & engineers from PIT to come up with project plans.
- Should have CPG, retail, or electronics background.
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Years of experience: 5+ years of experience in a product management role, preferably for a consumer-facing product - looking for a very seasoned professional that knows how an industry operates to bring a product to market.
- Succeeding at this role requires detailed specification of technical features, assessment of scope/feasibility to implement each and prioritization on fast-paced timeline.
- The product manager (PM) should be able to lead the team or independently drive an agile/SCRUM cadence so that the team can continuously iterate, prioritize and scope features based on changing conditions and insights