1221 Avenue of Americas New York, New York 100020
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Product Manager looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Product Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
- Work with designers, developers, and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver high impact products quickly.
- Juggle multiple projects, initiatives, and explorations while managing your backlog.
- Build consensus on product priorities and communicate this vision across the company.
- Responsible for developing a timeline for our initiatives based on needs, resources, risks and scope.
- Responsible for daily management of our JIRA tickets, team velocity and our project gantt charts
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help set the strategy, prioritize releases for our platforms.
- Work within an Agile team to retrieve, organize, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter and transform it into easy-to-understand information for specific audiences.
- Talk to customers and clearly define their requirements and features in a way that meets their needs and can be understood by our development team.
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Send weekly detailed updates of progress reports to senior management.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
- Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “ analysis paralysis”).
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work in a team-based setting.
- Technical aptitude, experience working with modern web APIs and the ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of execution over the whole product management lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prior working experience in a Software Development Team.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- Experience working in iterative software development cycles that use Agile methodologies and processes.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability to incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple groups of people into documentation.
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with technical engineering team.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Familiarity with machine learning, video, media, metadata is a plus.
- B.S./B.A. degree in relevant field (or equivalent work experience).