Product Manager-Product Analytics
2154 East Commons Avenue Centennial, CO 80122
Is education something that' s important to you? Are you always learning and wish to inspire others to learn about new skills and subjects? If so, here' s your chance to work with one of the leading educational software companies in the world!
ektello is seeking talent to fill our Product Manager role for one of our top education professionals in the world in Centennial, CO. Our client strives to spread the benefits of education worldwide with an array of technologies, products, and services that cater to address social and environmental impacts and needs.
- Product Analytics is transforming education, and the company is at the forefront of using data to improve teaching and student learning.
- With over 10 million higher education students annually studying in our MyLabs, Mastering, and other digital learning products, we have the raw material necessary to sustain a data-driven culture.
- The Product Manager is responsible for data/analytics planning and execution through all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- The role includes working closely with other product managers, engineering, quality assurance, architecture, design, product strategy, and project management to define, align, and deliver on stakeholder requirements.
- This individual assists the Director in establishing a quarterly roadmap, manages sprints for the Analytics and Technical teams who are primarily responsible to deliver solutions, proposes and oversees development of reporting features, and handles communication among various stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Defining, tracking, and leading the execution of the Product Analytics roadmap
- Tracking and reporting on the status of deliverables in relation to a project schedule
- Serving as a point-of contact to our business partners and cross-functional teams for day-to-day management of the Analytics project plan
- Collaborating with stakeholders and customers to define and prioritize requirements
- Contributing to tools, documentation, and instruction to enable our customers to increasingly use data independently
- Writing functional requirements, acceptance criteria, and other documents necessary for the implementation of the roadmap
- Leading cross-functional teams involved in Data Engineering and Analytics/Visualization to define specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities
- Partnering with Product and Engineering teams to produce instrumentation to generate insightful measurements on new and existing products
- Working across departments and collaborating with business managers, user experience designers, systems architects, engineering delivery teams, project managers, QA, and operations teams
- Performing other duties as assigned
Additional Job Details;
- Our company is committed to a world that’ s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible.
- From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’ s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
- We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
- By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’ s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years product management experience, with demonstrated success in defining and delivering analytics/data solutions
- Strong technical aptitude with knowledge of and experience working in cloud-based data environments and complex technical projects
- Experience leading multi-functional project teams and working cross-functionally
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience leading the development of new products in the education technology or digital media fields
- Experience functioning as a product owner in an Agile software development team
- Ability and willingness to learn structured and unstructured data systems
- Experience in developing business requirements for instrumentation with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with the software product lifecycle
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience interacting with individuals at all levels, good time management, and solid communication skills
- Ability to frequently use web-based remote video and project collaboration tools
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent