400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Product Owner for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Collaborate with Product Manager, UX team, business stakeholders, and development teams to define the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap by way of User Stories, storyboards, wireframes, and other software design artifacts.
- Ensure continuing engagement with development team during the product development lifecycle in order to provide User Story (requirements) clarification and immediate feedback upon completion.
- Coordinate and facilitate necessary interactions in order to obtain answers, provide direction, or eliminate impediments during product development.
- Lead all scrum ceremonies, including backlog grooming, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and team retrospective.
- 10+ years of experience in product development or program management of Software intensive technical projects with a successful project delivery record in a multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment.
- 5+ years in a leadership role in Agile based software development organization.
- Strong experience interacting and managing business customers and expectations.
- Strong organization and planning skills for project planning and activity management (PMP certification a plus).
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Technical Degree or Software Developer Experience.
- Problem solving skills to facilitate a shared understanding of problems, possible solutions, and determine the scope of any required changes (DMAIC, System V, Six Sigma).
- Critical thinking skills for evaluating multiple options and helping a team settle on problem solutions. Ability to listen to stakeholder needs but also critically consider those needs and ask probing questions until the real need or problem is surfaced and understood.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with a diverse group of technical architects, developers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work in across diverse teams and produce excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to articulate ideas and roadmaps to both technical and non-technical addressees.
- 5+ years of experience in automotive product delivery, infotainment, mobile app development, and/or connected devices.
- Familiarity with Android or HTML 5 app development.
- Certification as Scrum Master and/or Product Owner.
- Masters in technical field or MBA.
- 2-3 years as a Web Architect or as a Web Software Developer.