Product Owner: Data and Reporting
34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331
IT Product Owner: Data and Reporting
Are you a leader with excellence in data and reporting? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to foster those skills?
ektello is searching for a Product Owner for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
- Lead a team of Data and Reporting Specialists (3 – 7) to develop and enhance data warehouse and data marts for enterprise-wide use
- Must have strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to lead meetings, participate in technical cross-functional sessions, ensure staff follows structured/audited procedures, and ensure adherence to change and configuration management principles.
- Develop and communicate enterprise-wide data governance strategy to support corporate strategy
- Ensure projects are proceeding on schedule and complete on-time, within budget, within industry standards, and prepares regular status reports.
- Provide database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture, and support for carrying out the implementation of enterprise database and data warehouse development
- Work with large amounts of data on a granular level, from structured and unstructured data sources
- Provide proper documentation and generating data features required for modeling, reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Participate in various structured and ad-hoc analysis projects
- Develops and maintain high-performance data warehouse and data marts by regularly analyzing bottlenecks and remedying them
- Establish goals and priorities, timelines, and interface with senior leadership and other business units for successful completion.
- Has direct supervision of a team of Data and Reporting Specialists. This would include, hiring, firing, and talent development.
- Develops and executes projects under the program while managing the program road map and priorities, budget and benefits;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities;
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized;
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm;
- Experience developing a program road-map of projects to achieve business goals and deliver early business value as well as execution of the projects in the program;
- Must be able to manage a budget
- 7-15 years of experience with information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing data warehouse solutions, ETL, Analytics and Reporting
- At least 1-year management or supervisory experience
- Proficient knowledge of data warehouses technologies and design methodologies
- In-depth understanding of database design principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a project or program team and foster team cooperation
- Experience with BI Reporting tools such as Qlik and Tableau
- Experience with Oracle and/or Postgres preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of SQL and/or PL SQL languages
- Understanding of the Agile / Scrum methodology
- Bachelors' degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is required. Advanced degree (MA/MSc/MBA, equivalent or higher) is preferred
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, Ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the company, outside vendors, and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Some travel could be required.