500 Staples Drive Framingham, MA 01702
As a Product Specialist your primary responsibility is to manage SKU and vendor set-up, conduct market research and support the Merchandise Buyer for our contract business. As a member of the Merchandising group, you will work with different departments within the organization including; Brands Group, Strategy, Finance and Marketing.
• Attend vendor meetings to collaborate on business plans and gain exposure to new products.
• Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set up and maintenance process and other databases.
• Handle projects that the merchant transitions and implement within the contract organization.
• Work with our vendor base to input offers.
• Manage website issues and its content.
• Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
• Retrieve/source financial data/reports to conduct weekly/seasonal reviews of performance with Buyer
• Keep assortment planner/promotion/ad templates updated and organized to track and plan business
• Collaborate frequently with other departments in Merchandising
• Proof catalogs and flyers
• An ability to understand the big picture, tenacity and creativity are a must.
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience with buying related functions a big plus (buying-merchandising, planning, Inventory management)
• Proven ability to work well with others in a corporate environment
• Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships across the organization and with vendors
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work error-free
• Strong analytic skills and experience using Excel to derive conclusions