430 east 67th street New York, NY 10065
Programmer Analyst – Virtual Library Services (Ruby on Rails, PHP)
New York, NY
- Seeking an innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, flexible, and user-focused programmer to bring energy, creativity, and expertise to our team.
- This is a pivotal role working will all functional areas in the library (content management, user services, and technology initiatives), as well as internal and external contacts to deliver the right solutions to support a robust technological infrastructure essential to the modern library.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a field related to information sciences, computer sciences and engineering, or information management. Master’ s degree in Library Science a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Ruby, Rails and PHP. Willingness to learn new technology and programming languages (e.g. MySQL, SOLR, Apache, Jetty, PHP, Linked Data, CSS, Responsive Web design, JQuery, Ajax, XML/XSL/XSD, JSON, Rest, OAuth). Bash shell scripting and Linux server configuration helpful.
- Knowledge of Exlibris Alma/Primo, content management systems such as Drupal, ILLiad ILS Document Delivery and NoSql databases a plus.
- Experience working in a team setting, as well as, independently
- Ability to prioritize assignments, work in a fast-paced environment and solve complex technical issues.