Project Manager - Wireless Telecom Network Product Release
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Project Manager – Wireless Telecom Network Product Release
**Longterm W2 Contract, Onsite in Plano, TX**
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Provides Project Management for network services team supporting product and feature release through customer labs, first market acceptance, with GA for commercial deployment. Also support commercial services providing customer support through management of critical customer events, monitor compliance to SLA agreements, manage customer support calls and complete customer operations scorecard in an operations environment.
Manages release projects to completion, assuring validation is complete and performance meets/exceeds customer expectations. Manage and document processes and best practices to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of Network operations. Directs the resolution of complex operational and organizational problems. Includes project management, overseeing execution, scheduling/forecasting, budget analysis, organizational/resource planning. Collaborates with external deployment teams across multiple customers and projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage product and software releases through acceptance in Customer Labs and acceptance in First Market Application through Customer GA.
- Collects, reports, and manages the release communicating status with Management and customer Operations.
- Administer customer support calls, assuring action items are responded and commitments are fulfilled in compliance with supplier commitments in the purchase agreements
- Helps SDM to manage the metrics/scorecard/QBR deliverables. Perform the scorecard calculations per TL9000 standards.
- Provides the customer teams with excellent technical support during high and low severity events, assisting in exceeding customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership during high severity events
- Supports all Customer raised trouble tickets (severity 1 - 4) and ensures that SLAs are met.
- These tickets will include production, FOA and lab.
- Work with internal groups such as supply chain, engineering teams, RMAs and vendor management to facilitate operational issues.
- Takes the lead in program Q/A with customer for Network operational support processes ( including 4G & 5G support)
- Develop relationships at multiple levels across Networks including customer account teams, by attending appropriate conference calls, meetings, customer presentations and project reviews.
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors to ensure that all equipment in production is under contract that mirrors the customer support agreement. Document processes for managing escalations as needed with all 3rd party vendors.
- Bachelor' s Degree with 8-10 years of management experience
- Knowledge in the RAN, Core, and/or Backhaul areas
- Prior experience in a TAC or NOC is required
- Experience in Commercial Wireless Networks Operations is strongly desired
- Strong technical background in two or more of the following: 3G, 4G or 5G RAN Networks
- Experience with measuring TAC performance through identified metrics and KPIs, using data to improve efficiency and lower costs where appropriate
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive and detail-oriented and process-minded leader, who is comfortable developing staffing, training, and operational plans
- This position requires excellent communication skills as well as presentation and reporting skills.
- Creative problem solving abilities and superb communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary for the successful candidate
- Self-directed individual with ability to manage other resources in a matrix environment across Engineering, Deployment, Support Organizations and Customer organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build, organize and manage a cohesive TAC team
- Recognize and promote team strengths
- Prioritize multiple simultaneous projects to align with customer schedules and priorities
- Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames
- The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others
- Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations
- Convey professional technical information via formal written documents, presentations, email, or reports to an audience of technically skilled, management and/or operational audiences
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements
- Ability to adapt in a quickly changing environment and work under stress during incident management
- Ability to prioritize tasks and make necessary adjustments on a daily basis
- Maintain, develop and improve reporting capabilities in the TAC; makes regular reports to management on compliance with SLA objectives, current events and trends
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control, short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
- Typically accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make recommendations on budget and policies and for medium-term planning.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.