1000 Chrysler Dr. Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Project Manager – Connected Vehicle / Telematics
Be a highly motivated self-starter who is a technically savvy and is able to provide excellent customer service, with an eye for identifying potential problems areas and being able to handle them across the organization.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills at the management level, as well as, the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business.
- Feel comfortable with, and remain calm in the face of ambiguity, rapid change, and aggressive deadlines common to rapidly growing enterprises with evolving business models.
- Track all aspects of a given project – design, implementation, commissioning/testing, and final sign off – and proactively communicate progress, issues, and status to all relevant parties.
- Design and implement solutions to address gaps in existing processes and tools.
- Promote best practices and train others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and department.
- Help define project requirements and convert requirements to a directly executable implementation plan.
- Identify dependencies between teams and ensures that all teams’ plans align on delivery.
- Focus on complex projects (significant cross-team dependencies, large scope, sometimes less defined plan, medium to large impact, high risk).
- Train and Support business stakeholders on authoring complete and effective test cases
- Capture and understand technology “ current state” versus “ future state” in each region ensuring test cases stretch across all applications
- Project management experience, especially large scale and global projects preferred (3+ years)
- Current or previous automotive experience, specifically with Telematics or Connected Car.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Well versed in conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Estimating costs, timelines, and resource requirements
- Adept at traveling and working abroad along with non-typical work schedules
- Ability to use standard project management tools, specifically MS Project, TFS, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments of competing priorities and work them through to an effective resolution
- Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Communication - ability to understand complex technical operations environments and communicate clearly and effectively both in oral and written form, to all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal ability to listen to associates, leadership, and project stakeholders to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and ability to persuade suppliers, vendors, and contractors to perform to meet schedules and
- Creativity – ability to push creative and innovative solutions within a workplace environment
- Commitment - willingness to take all reasonable action required to deliver to commitments
Education/Certifications for All Openings:
Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent
- Establishes organization-wide project management strategies
- Conducts complex program and project management assessments
- Exhibits strong leadership skills and leads project teams
- Manages the integration of project management within an organization resulting in culture change
- Identifies new business opportunities
- Specifies requirements, scope level of effort, assess team member strengths and give work assignments with delivery dates in mind
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of cost/integrated scheduling and can perform earned value analysis
- Identifies and recommends project management tools
- Identifies risk, provides analysis and contingency planning
- Creates detailed plans for consulting projects
- Writes design documents and specifications
- Technical mentoring and leadership skills
- Facilitates requirements definition sessions
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Project Management
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Duration: 12+ month Contract