633 3rd Avenue New York, NY 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for a Project Manager in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Partner with key departments and you will be accountable to drive their assigned project portfolio(s)-- prioritization, resource allocation, and delivery of project results.
- Manage one or more medium to large-sized projects with moderate to high complexity across business units or manages programs.
- Collaborate for the overall, coordination, execution and completion of their assigned portfolio
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing projects; manage priorities and resource allocation, monitor progress and performance against the project plan;, and takes action to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project charter, determining project metrics, determining resource types/expertise to staff the project, preparing designs and work specifications; developing project action schedules and selecting materials, equipment, project staff.
- Knowledgeable in both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management methodology.
- Consistently self-directed and a self starter, leader and facilitator of group dynamics.
- Able to gather and analyze institution-wide and/or department-specific requirements and document business and system process flows.
- Comfortable to lead/manage others and oversee the timely and successful completion of large scale and/or multiple projects.
- Able to develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization and skilled at consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Bachelor' s degree is required; MBA, MHA, MPA or other relevant graduate studies degree preferred.
- 4-7 years consulting and/or large scale project/program management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required or ability to achieve within six months of hire.
- Preferred: Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a broad communication tool kit that keeps people focused and brings out the best in others.
- Proven experience in strategic planning; risk management and change management.
- Exceptional communicator in both written and oral form; excellent business writing skills and able to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility
- Familiarity with data warehouse querying and data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Cognos) preferred.